Read What Our Clients Say About Us
As a senior consumer, you may be wondering how your life insurance rates compare for someone with type 2 diabetes. It is not uncommon to worry about what the future holds and what the cost of living will be after you retire.
Diabetes can lead to many complications that could potentially put added stress on your finances in retirement.
There are different types of insurance policies available that can help protect against some financial burdens later in life. To find out more about rates for seniors with diabetes, read our blog post now!
Can I Get Life Insurance If I Have Diabetes
Life insurance for Type 2 diabetics can still get affordable rates. Let’s discuss Type 2 Diabetes…
Can you get life insurance with type 2 diabetes? What is the truth about life insurance with Type 2 diabetics? Can I be denied life insurance because of diabetes? So many questions.
We will give you the scoop…
Above all, living a healthy lifestyle as a Type 2 diabetic is the best chance of getting affordable life insurance rates.
But diabetes life solutions are available.
Type 2 Diabetes and Life Insurance Rates
Most people understand the importance of life insurance protection.
A good life insurance policy could protect your loved ones financially if something unexpected were to happen to you.
Read below to get the facts about life insurance for diabetics…
What are the top 5 fears of diabetics
Living with diabetes can be a very frustrating health impairment to live it.
People with diabetes face long term health conflicts. Long term side effects of this disease are incredibly challenging to bear if you are not taking care of yourself.
Some people are forced to use an insulin pump. I have family members with this awful disease.
I know first hand the many thoughts that go through your mind. Such as the following:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication issues
- Food changes
- Complications causing strokes, heart attacks
- Is this the rest of my life?
Can You Get Life Insurance With Diabetes
With life insurance vs. Without life insurance…
With life insurance, your family will have stable financial support, and you can fund some things for them.
However, without life insurance, your family will inherit any debts you may have, and will need to pay for your final expenses out of pocket.
Although being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes may complicate your search for affordable life insurance, don’t give up.
Affordable diabetic life insurance can be accomplished if well managed.
Life Insurance Policy For Diabetics
What about life insurance Pre-Diabetes? You have pre-diabetes or pre-existing health impairments; it will affect the rates.
With pre-diabetes, it all depends on your blood sugar level. We will discuss this further later in this article…
Adult Onset Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes signifies your blood glucose or blood sugar; levels are too high. With type 2 diabetes, the more common type, your body doesn’t make or use insulin well.
Insulin is a hormone that helps glucose get into your cells to provide them more energy.
Over the years, high blood sugar may lead to severe issues with your heart, eyes, kidneys, nerves gums, and teeth.
In fact, this can lead you to have pre-existing medical conditions later on in life.
Does Type 2 Diabetes Affect Life Insurance – Family History
Life insurance and family history have a great impact on you.
You’ve got a greater risk of type 2 diabetes if you are elderly, have diabetes, have a family history of diabetes, or do not exercise.
Having pre-diabetes also raises your risk. Pre-diabetes means your blood sugar is higher than usual but not large enough to be called diabetes.
If you are at risk for type 2 diabetes, you may have the ability to postpone or prevent growing it by making some lifestyle adjustments.
Type 2 diabetes is easier to get approved for life insurance coverage as opposed to Type 1.
Type 2 poses a lower risk to insurance companies. Keep in mind, this is true if you are controlled through medication.
Can You Get Life Insurance With Diabetes – Underwriting
Life Insurance companies review the following:
Medical Information Bureau (MIB report) ~ This organization was created in 1902. The purpose was to provide fraud protection services to the carriers. This organization is owned by about 500 member insurance companies in the U.S. and in Canada as well. Their purpose is to assess an applicant’s risk during the underwriting process of your life insurance application.
Credit Report ~ In addition to the MIB report, insurance companies also review your credit report. They look to see if you are paying your bills on time as you most likely will be paying monthly premiums or even annually. There are several modes of premium payments to choose from.
FYI! For more information regarding the MIB or to request a copy of your MIB report to make sure there are no discrepancies. CLICK HERE to access their website.
How Do You Know If You Are Diabetic
The signs of type 2 diabetes appear gradually. Some people do not notice symptoms in any way.
What are the first signs of type 2 diabetes? The symptoms may include:
- Having blurry eyesight
- Weight Loss
- Urinating often
- Having sores that heal slowly
- Being very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry or tired
- Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet
Blood tests can show if you’ve got diabetes. One kind of test, the A1C, can also check on how you are managing your diabetes.
Lots of individuals can manage their diabetes during healthy eating, physical activity, and blood sugar testing.
Some individuals also need to take diabetes medications.
Diabetes And Life Insurance
There are multiple types of diabetes, but most cases are either Type 1 diabetes or Type 2 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetics do not produce insulin, which obviously has adverse effects on the body.
On the other hand, type 2 diabetics still produce insulin, but usually not a sufficient or regulated amount.
Insurance companies are more concerned insuring people with Type 1 diabetes. Although an unmanaged Type 2 diabetic can be in the same category.
More importantly, getting affordable rates are more challenging for life insurance for diabetics type 1.
Furthermore, proving that you have controlled diabetes and are doing the proper treatments, then it should not be a problem getting standard rates.
Even life insurance over 75 with controlled blood sugar can get affordable diabetes life insurance.
Affordable Life Insurance For Diabetics
Yes, there are many things you can do to improve your chances of getting affordable life insurance as a person with type 2 diabetes.
What are the best life insurance rates for diabetics with type 2 diabetes? Let’s take a look at some of these below:
- Improve Your General Health — To get affordable life insurance, you’ll need to take a medical exam. It’s essential to make a good impression at this medical exam because the results will have a significant impact on the cost of your life insurance. So, before the exam comes up, make sure to exercise, eat healthily, take measures to lower your blood pressure, and try to have your diabetes under control with appropriate treatments.
- Quit Your Bad Habits — Cigarette smokers can expect to pay 2 to 3 times more for life insurance than nonsmokers. Quitting tobacco use a year before applying may cut your rates in half.
- Compare companies — Each life insurance company has different medical underwriting. This means that your perceived level of risk will vary between companies. For this reason, it’s essential to get several quotes so that you can find the best offer.
- Hire An Independent Insurance Agent — An agent can connect you with the top life insurance companies. They’ll have an idea of which companies have more lenient underwriting for those with type 2 diabetes, which will increase your chances of getting affordable coverage.
NO MORE SMOKING!!
The next thing which you ought to do is remove any tobacco which you use.
If you are listed as a smoker to your life insurance policy application, your premiums will go through the roof.
In reality, smokers will cost twice as much to life insurance versus precisely what a healthy non-smoker will pay.
If you would like to conserve cash, you must remove any tobacco which you utilize. It is time to kick off the bad habit once and for all of it.
Best Life Insurance Companies For Diabetics
- Banner Life Insurance
No Medical Exam Life Insurance For Diabetics
If you are having trouble getting accepted, or you don’t want to do a medical exam, a no medical exam policy for diabetics is always an option.
In fact, this may be the best option for those with unmanaged type 2 diabetes.
Furthermore, it prevents from getting more punished for their life insurance rates for their medical condition.
Keep in mind, no medical exam life insurance policies are usually more expensive. In fact, this should be a last resort.
No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies For Diabetics
What are some of the non medical insurance companies you recommend?
- Phoenix Life
- Mutual of Omaha
- American National
Term Life Insurance For Diabetics
- Term life insurance: pays death benefits only. Term insurance is purchased for periods such as 10, 20, or 30 years. Or to a specific age, such as 65 years old. Premiums are guaranteed. The death benefit is paid to the beneficiary, which is non-taxable.
Whole Life Insurance For Diabetics
- Permanent life insurance: Whole life insurance policy for diabetics (aka, Permanent life) options will be more expensive than they are for non-diabetics. In fact, Whole Life is more expensive than term life. The cash value feature can significantly increase your premium.
Can Diabetics Get Life Insurance – Insulin Dependent
If you are insulin dependent, there are some things to consider when it comes to applying for life insurance.
What is your blood sugar level? What is your A1C? Depending on other health factors such as blood pressure, cholesterol, etc..
And if your numbers are within the normal range, getting approved for a standard or standard plus rate can be achievable.
Being proactive and honest with your independent agent will help them help you!
Let’s face it, your ultimate goal here is, protecting your family at the best price with the best carrier!
No better person to help you achieve this than your agent!
Best Life Insurance Rates For Diabetics
Now, depending on if you have other health impairments along with your diabetes, this may be a challenge. But still achievable.
The best thing to start with is to be in contact with an independent agent. He/she will know which carriers are the best choice for your health impairments as each has its criteria.
As a final point, I want to discuss exactly what the title of this article details, and that’s Life Insurance Rates for Diabetics.
Further, I will go ahead and give examples of how a well-managed diabetic with an A1C of 7 and below rates would differ from say and unmanaged diabetic with an A1C between 9-9.9.
It’s crucial to understand what the insurance company is going to look at when determining your final rate and approval for diabetes life insurance.
Diabetes Life Insurance Quotes – How To Get The Best Rates
How to get the best life insurance rates for diabetics. What you need to know…
- Your age of diagnosis – Above all, this will determine the range of rating class that you will receive. The earlier your age that you’re diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the more adversely it will affect your rate.
- A1C History – Even more important, your A1C is a measuring stick for controlling your diabetes and blood sugar levels. Some people mistake it for your fasting blood sugar. To get the best rates as a type 2 diabetic, you will need to show the insurance company that you take controlling your diabetes serious. Ultimately, having an A1C under 7 is exceptionally well managed.
- Lifestyle with Diabetes – Most people, correlate having diabetes with someone who is overweight or obese. Obviously, in some cases, this may be true. Having a health history of eating right, and possible weight loss will help to achieve a top rating class for acquiring life insurance for people with diabetes. If you smoke, stop!!! Quitting smoking will also help your rate drastically. Having diabetes and smoking is a no-no with insurance companies, and some may decline you or rate you off the table. In this case, maybe a guaranteed acceptance life insurance policy may be your only option.
- Other Health Impairments – Other health impairments such as high blood pressure, heart attack history, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD may have an adverse effect on your rates.
Life Insurance Diabetes Questionnaire
In addition to the above questions, underwriting will want to know the following:
- Type of diabetes
- Medications you take currently
- A list of doctors with contact information
- Recent annual Dr. check-up/ blood pressure
- Medical records from your doctors as well
- Are you a smoker
Does Diabetes Affect Life Insurance
Our clients ask us often, does diabetes effect life insurance? To be honest, Yes.
I know that is not the answer you wanted to hear. Let me be clear, this does not mean you are not insurable.
It is all about finding you the best carrier at the best price. In fact, you can also get life insurance if you are insulin dependent.
Each carrier will look at every person differently.
We say this often to our clients and remind you in our articles.
Can A Type 2 Diabetic Get Life Insurance
You’re able to manage diabetes effortlessly. Your physician will explain to you how many times you have to check your blood sugar levels. The objective is to keep within a particular selection.
Follow these hints to handle Diabetes:
- Include foods full of fiber and wholesome carbs in a daily diet plan. Eating fruits, veggies, and whole grains may in keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
- Eat regular intervals
- Simply eat before you are full.
- Get a grip on your weight and also maintain your heart healthy.
- Get about 30 minutes of aerobic activity per day to keep your heart healthy. Exercise will help to manage blood sugar, too.
Best Life Insurance for Diabetics
Your healthcare provider will describe how to recognize first signs of blood sugar levels that is too much or too low and also what things correctly to do in each circumstance.
Your health care provider may even assist you in determining which foods are healthy and which foods are not.
Perhaps not everyone with type two diabetes should make use of insulin. There are additional medications that’ll help Type 2 diabetics.
Life Insurance For Diabetics Type 2
There are lots of treatment options. What your physician prescribes can depend on exactly what additional health issues you’ve got. And how well medications work for you.
Diabetes treatment comprises:
- Metformin ~ The most common treatment for type 2. This oral drug is sold as a liquid or pill. It’s often the first drug that individuals who have type 2 diabetes take. Metformin improves your body’s utilization of insulin and reduces the amount of sugar your liver makes.
- Insulin therapy ~ There are many different kinds of insulin. They vary by just how long they begin to work when they peak, and also how long they continue. Insulin has multiple types of delivery techniques. This includes a needle, pump, interface, jet injector, and an inhaler.
- Sulfonylureas ~ These pills stimulate the release of insulin by the pancreas and also help the body use insulin. Popular sulfonylureas incorporate glimepiride (Amaryl), glipizide (Glucotrol), and glyburide (DiaBeta, Micronase, and Glynase).
- Meglitinides ~ Just like sulfonylureas, this class of medicines promotes insulin production in your system. These oral meds, for example, repaglinide (Prandin) and nateglinide (Starlix), are fast acting and don’t stay in the body for long. Therefore they have to be used only before meals.
What Is The Latest Treatment For Type 2 Diabetes
The following is some of the type 2 diabetes treatment guidelines. Always consult your physician.
- Thiazolidinediones ~ Also called TZDs or glitazones, these oral medications work by lowering insulin resistance. This category consists of pioglitazone (Actos) and rosiglitazone (Avandia).
- Gliptins or DPP-4 inhibitors ~This class of medication enhances the release of insulin within the body. One case is sitagliptin (Januvia).
- SGLT2 inhibitors ~ These oral drugs assist your kidneys in removing sugar from your body via urine. The class comprises canagliflozin (Invokana), dapagliflozin (Farxiga), and also empagliflozin (Jardiance).
- GLP-1 receptor agonists ~ Injectable drugs such as exenatide (Byetta), liraglutide (Victoza), along with dulaglutide (Trulicity) regulate blood sugar levels by slowing digestion, improving how insulin works in your system and preventing the liver from releasing a lot of sugar to the blood.
- Bariatric surgery ~ Research suggests that weight loss operation may improve blood glucose control in certain obese people who are Type 2 Diabetics. Some may no longer need diabetes drugs after a bariatric procedure. However, these consequences tend to vary each patient.
Sample Term Life Insurance Rates
For a healthy 40-year-old male/female that is purchasing a $500,000 20 year term life insurance policy. For Type 2 Diabetics…
Healthy 40-year-old Male/Female
A 40-year-old Male/Female Diabetic with an A1C 7.0 and below
7.1- 8.00 below:
A1C 10.0 and above, DECLINED!
What Are The Risk Factors For Type 2 Diabetes
Your pancreas produces insulin, and it releases it whenever you’ve eaten. Usually, it is common to be obese or overweight when being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
When you have diabetes, the body becomes more immune. Your own body is now not employing the hormone economically.
This compels your pancreas to work harder to earn more insulin. As time passes, this could harm cells in your pancreas.
Finally, your pancreas may well not have the capability to create any insulin.
Should you choose to create enough insulin or when the own body does not utilize it economically, glucose accumulates in your blood.
This leaves your own system’s cells starved for energy.
Doctors do not understand just what causes this collection of events.
It may be related to cell malfunction at the pancreas or using cell regulation and signaling. Sometimes, the liver produces a lot of sugar.
There might be a genetic predisposition for developing type 2 diabetes.
Additionally, there might also be an environmental cause. Most importantly, it is a mixture of factors that raise the probability of type 2 diabetes.
Research into the reasons for diabetes is more ongoing.
Gestational Diabetes and Life Insurance
Is It Hard To Get Life Insurance With Diabetes?
Is gestational diabetes covered by insurance? OR Does gestational diabetes affect life insurance? If you are pregnant, your body naturally becomes more resistant to insulin to ensure that the more sugar can be found to nourish your baby.
For many moms-to-be, this is not an issue. Whenever your body requires extra insulin to process extra sugar in the blood, the pancreas secretes more.
But in the event, the pancreas can not keep up with the more significant requirement for insulin during pregnancy; blood glucose levels rise too large since the cells are not employing the sugar. This ends in gestational diabetes.”
Considering gestational diabetes is frequently a temporary situation between glucose intolerance during pregnancy, most insurance companies aren’t too worried about a preceding background of it.
The most significant dilemma is if the diabetes proceeds after the maternity also become Type 2 diabetics. If there aren’t any other signals of diabetes post-pregnancy, subsequently getting great rates in life, insurance shouldn’t be a problem.
How to cure type 2 diabetes naturally with diet
You can treat diabetes in many ways, medications, insulin is the artificial way and most times necessary.
But we seem to forget the natural way we can be reversing type 2 diabetes, even if it is just simple changes.
One way is to lose weight. Our body weight harms diabetes. Studies showing to lose weight is to eat foods with a low glycemic index.
Many foods we choose to eat increase insulin in our bodies.
Ask your physician or dietitian how improving insulin sensitivity, diet, and exercise can have a positive effect on our bodies and how we handle our type 2 diabetes on a daily.
Cheap Life Insurance For Diabetics
To conclude, as we discussed the variations of what can affect life insurance rates for someone with Type 2 diabetes.
Whether for a Type 1 Diabetic or Type 2 Diabetics, diabetes is a dreadful disease, but it can be controlled with a commitment to yourself.
Compared to other diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis or epilepsy where you have no control, knowing you have a say in your health is essential to embrace.
Think of your family and want to spend many years with them. Think of setting an example of achieving success in managing your diabetes.
This will inspire others to do, as well. YOU HAVE A CHOICE, a choice to control diabetes and not the other way around.
If you have any questions on this topic, feel free to call me anytime at 855-380-3300 x2. I wish you all the best!
Not only do I have licenses in 49 states, but I also am appointed with over 150 Top Carriers in Life Insurance and can shop you multiple carriers for the best rate.
My passion and goals are to help you find the best policy that fits your budget and your family’s needs.
To ensure what you envision for your family is kept intact long after you are gone.
Danny Ray ~Owner/Agent of PinnacleQuote Life Insurance Specialists
I have strong relationships with the underwriter teams.
In fact, I am knowledgeable about all health-related challenges. I WILL INDEED shop you the…
…BEST PRICE, BEST CARRIER… GUARANTEED!!!
For more information on heart disease or questions for the centers for disease control CLICK HERE
For more information on diet and exercise CLICK HERE
Always seek medical advice before starting any diet/exercise routine!
Type 2 Diabetes can be a scary thing for many people. But with the right life insurance, you don’t have to worry about it being too expensive. If you are a Type 2 diabetic and need help finding affordable rates on your life insurance policy, we’ve got you covered!
It is never too late to get an online quote that will cover all of your needs at prices within your budget. Start saving time now by applying in minutes from our website or call 855-380-3300 today!
You deserve the peace of mind knowing that if something were to happen tomorrow, there would still be covered for those who depend on you financially.