Read What Our Clients Say About Us
When you’re feeling good, it’s easy to forget that your life is in jeopardy every day. But when you suffer from a chronic illness or have an acute condition, the risk of death becomes very real. Even if you are able to get coverage through work, it may not be enough protection for your family and loved ones.
If you think about the cost of caregiving and funeral expenses without coverage or with limited coverage-you’ll want to explore all options before making your decision about life insurance.
The blog post goes on with 6 common gastrointestinal diseases and their impact on life insurance rates as well as what steps can be taken by those who suffer from these conditions to protect themselves financially against higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
- Gastrointestinal Disease And Life Insurance
- Can I Get Life Insurance With A Gastrointestinal Disease
Gastrointestinal Disease And Life Insurance
Applying for life insurance with pre-existing medical conditions can be frustrating. Depending on your type of life insurance and the gastrointestinal disease (GI) issues will determine your life insurance rates.
In light of this, DO NOT FRET!
Can I Get Life Insurance With A Gastrointestinal Disease
So, how will GI problems affect life insurance? Life insurance companies will look at everyone differently.
Moreover, they will assess your health condition, your medical exam, and your physician notes.
They will want to take a look at your medical history. They will look at the gastrointestinal disease disorder you have.
Equally, how long you have suffered from this condition and how this condition is being maintained. In addition, are there any other preexisting conditions?
What Are The Most Common Signs/Symptoms Of Gastrointestinal Disease Disorders
Gastrointestinal disease disorders are becoming more common in today’s world. These conditions are considered high risk to some carriers. There are many different types of gastrointestinal disease disorders that people suffer from.
The following are the most common:
- IBS-D/IBS-C ~ IBS-C is abdominal pain with constipation. IBS-D is unpredictable abdominal pain with diarrhea. Be close to a bathroom with IBS-D, you will have several bowel movements.
- Celiac Disease ~ attacks the small intestine. People with celiac disease have an intolerance to certain foods that contain gliadin (a gluten protein.) Gliadin is in certain grains, such as wheat, barley, rye, etc.
- Crohns Disease ~ Crohn’s Disease is associated with abdominal cramping and pain. Chronic inflammatory bowel disease that attacks the lining of the digestive tract.
- Ulcerative Colitis ~ attacks your large intestine or colon. Causes ulcers in your digestive tract. It can cause life-threatening complications. (With this in mind, may pay a higher premium depending on severity.)
- Diverticulitis~ infection of tiny pouches that are called diverticula. This condition is benign and develops along the walls of your intestines.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) ~ GERD affects the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). The muscle between the esophagus and stomach. In general, many suffer from heartburn. For example, pregnant women. Important to realize, this can be relieved by diet habit changes.
Common Questions Gastrointestinal Disease And Underwriters
- What type of medical health issue do you currently have?
- When were you diagnosed with your gastrointestinal disease?
- Will your medical condition cause other health issues such as high blood pressure, colon cancer or even heart attack?
- Is there a family history?
- Is your GI issues or condition hereditary?
- Do you have ongoing treatment?
- What medications do you currently take?
- Have you been declined life insurance in the past due to your gastrointestinal disease or GI issues?
What Is The Best Life Insurance Company For Gastrointestinal Disease Problems
On the positive side, your independent agent will guide you! With this in mind, it is incredibly important to answer all questions accurately and honestly. In fact, your agent works for YOU. Not the insurance company.
Furthermore, to get you the best life insurance quotes for gastrointestinal disease disorders, your agent will ask you what you are looking for in the death benefit amount. Are you looking for a term life insurance policy or perhaps you may be interested in a disability policy.
AIG Life Insurance Company (American General) is wonderful with Crohn’s Disease.
Comparatively, no medical exam may be a way to go for GI issues as well. In fact, there is a limited amount of health questions.
Additionally, another consideration is a Guaranteed Issue Policy.
In fact, if you have any of the above GI issues or any gastrointestinal disease, you should consider a disability policy. Ask us today!
For more information on gastrointestinal disease disorders and related GI issues CLICK HERE.
If you have a GI disorder and are applying for life insurance, there’s no need to freak out. The good news is that some types of life insurance policies will be more lenient than others when it comes to your pre-existing conditions. For example, term life insurance with the lowest death benefits or whole life plans may not penalize you depending on what type of gastrointestinal disease you have. But if these low coverage options don’t work for you, give us a call at (855) 380-3300 so we can get quotes from other insurers who might approve your application regardless of any preexisting medical conditions like Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis. We’re always happy to help!