Quick Tip: if you have a history of heart attacks and want the most affordable rates, fill out the form on the side and rates will be displayed immediately.
Does Life Insurance Cover Heart Attacks ~ What You Need To Know
Can I get life insurance after having a heart attack? Anyone who has experienced a heart attack may assume that they cannot get for life insurance coverage. Or the very least be considered a high-risk candidate. In fact, this is not the case. Although having a heart attack may make getting life insurance more complicated, (and more expensive). It is still definitely possible to get coverage.
After a heart attack, it would make sense to feel an urgency to get life insurance. After a life-threatening scare, it’s entirely natural to feel the need to make sure that those financially dependent on you. That protection will cover any debts or mortgages. With a strategic approach, getting life insurance after a heart attack could be easier than you think. If you have been declined for life insurance, you just might be talking to the wrong AGENT!! PinnacleQuote has experienced agents can guide you in how to get a life insurance policy after a heart attack.
Quick Article Navigation
- How Long after a Heart Attack Can You Get Life Insurance ~ What Do Carriers Need to Know
- Chances of Getting a Heart Attack
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE HAS A HEART ATTACK, HERE ARE SOME SYMPTOMS
- LIFE INSURANCE FOR PEOPLE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- What is critical illness Insurance
- I’VE EXPERIENCED MULTIPLE HEART ATTACKS
- IF I HAD A HEART ATTACK WOULD I KNOW, THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH IN WOMEN
- LIFE INSURANCE FOR HEART ATTACK SURVIVORS/AFTER YOUR HEART ATTACK
- WHAT WILL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES RATE ME AFTER A HEART ATTACK
- LIFE INSURANCE FOR HEART ATTACK VICTIMS
- DOES LIFE INSURANCE COVER HEART ATTACKS ~ FIND OUT HOW YOUR AGENT CAN HELP YOU!!!
- LIFE INSURANCE AFTER STENT
- OTHER CONSIDERATIONS DONE BY THE INSURANCE CARRIER
- TREATMENT FOR HEART ATTACK CAN AFFECT YOUR RATE
- No Medical Exam Life Insurance After A Heart Attack ~ Have Been Declined, Here is What You Need to Know
- ABOUT ME ~ MY STORY AND MY PASSION IN THE ART OF LIFE INSURANCE
How Long after a Heart Attack Can You Get Life Insurance ~ What Do Carriers Need to Know
The secret has been open and fair when applying for life insurance. Do not withhold information, ALWAYS BE HONEST! Keep in mind, they’ll probably demand a health examination, by which everything will be found out. You ought to be prepared to answer these questions:
- Have you got some inherent problems that led to the heart attack?
- Just how frequently do you go to your physician?
- What treatments? (Including operations and medications)
- Has the illness improved since initial identification or diagnosis?
Chances of Getting a Heart Attack
Cardiovascular problems happen as soon as your coronary artery gets thinner and lessen the blood flow to your center. It’s the typical underlying reason for a heart attack.
Cardiovascular disease is related to age, and it is a lifelong illness which affects most men and women. Coronary arteries are similar to the intestine which supply blood to a heart. They make thinner when fatty stuff gradually builds indoors and clogs them. The fatty material also is identified as plaque. The procedure for plaque construction upward is known as atherosclerosis. This will begin whenever you’re young and usually well improved by mid-age
Stable plaque is usually not harmful but in case it calms the lungs a lot, they could maybe not send enough blood to a heart. The first symptoms of this pain is known as angina. Angina treatment is usually with medication.
The unstable plaque includes more fat. Perhaps it does not severely narrow down the artery. However, it might form a fracture onto the top, exposing the contents of this plaque into the bloodstream vessels. Blood cells decide to try to seal the difference at the outer lining having a blood clot. The blood-clot completely blocks the lungs.
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely blocks the circulation of blood and badly reduces the flow of blood into the muscle. When you’ve experienced a heart attack, then you have cardiovascular problems. Above all, know your dangers. Cardiovascular disease may be known as CHD and/or CAD.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE HAS A HEART ATTACK, HERE ARE SOME SYMPTOMS
Lots of people do not understand that they have cardiovascular problems until they have chest pain (angina or even a heart attack). If you’re concerned about your chance of cardiovascular disease, visit your health care provider or medical professional to talk about your risks. The most Frequent symptoms in Women and Men are:
- Shortness of breath: Sometimes this is your sole symptom. You will have it before or during the torso discomfort. It sometimes happens when you’re resting or doing just a physical task.
- Discomfort at the upper System: You may feel discomfort or pain in one or both arms, the back, shoulder, neck, jaw, or upper portion of the gut.
- Chest distress: It is often in the center or the left side of their torso. Typically, it lasts longer than a couple of minutes. It can go off and keep coming back. Furthermore, it might feel like pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain. It also may feel like heartburn or indigestion.
LIFE INSURANCE FOR PEOPLE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS
You can also have additional disorders, such as nausea and lightheadedness. You will split in cold perspiration. By way of instance, they’re more inclined to feel drowsy for no explanation. The most usual reason for heart attacks will be coronary artery disorder (CAD). Together with CAD, there’s just a buildup of cholesterol and other stuff, called plaque, in the inner walls along with the blood vessels. It can develop for ages.
Finally, a location of plaque may rupture (break open). A blood-clot could develop across the plaque and also obstruct the artery. A common cause of heart attack can be acute shortness (tightening) of coronary artery disease. The strain cuts the flow of blood through the gut. Treatments might contain drugs and health care procedures like coronary angioplasty. Once having a heart attack, cardiac rehab and lifestyle changes might allow you to regain.
Also, untreated high blood pressure can be early signs of heart trouble.
What is critical illness Insurance
What does critical illness cover? Is it like your health insurance plan? Are there pocket costs? Like health plans, critical illness coverage is available for clients with a covered illness such as cancer, heart attack, and stroke during their coverage time period. It is available with cash payments or lump sum payments. The lump sum cash helps during a time that you fall ill and so you would not be crippled financially.
It is really important to discuss these critical illness plans with your agent. They will guide you in what the insurance pays, all covered illness and out of pocket expenses.
I’VE EXPERIENCED MULTIPLE HEART ATTACKS
Life Insurance After Heart Attack
When you’ve got an even more severe kind of cardiovascular illness or have experienced multiple heart attacks, then it’s still easy that you get qualified for coverage. Getting insurance for heart conditions is very possible. You merely need to know what your alternatives are. You could well not wind up getting the quantity of coverage you would like, but a few businesses do offer conventional or normal duration (in certain cases insufficient) life insurance coverage’s for those who have this specific type of medical history. If the conventional policy isn’t obtainable, a high-risk Life Insurance policy or rated benefit term could be critical.
IF I HAD A HEART ATTACK WOULD I KNOW, THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH IN WOMEN
Cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of women, that explains the reason it’s very important that women know the warning signs, visit a health care provider regularly, and also learn their history.
Life Insurance and Heart Attack in Women
Below are signs of what to expect after a mild heart attack and chances of getting a heart attack in women:
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
- As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.
LIFE INSURANCE FOR HEART ATTACK SURVIVORS/AFTER YOUR HEART ATTACK
What Sort Of Questions Should I Prepare To Answer?
Of course, life insurance companies will want to know all about your heart attack history. As we know, it is so incredibly important to get life insurance. By providing honest and thorough answers will help you get approved. In fact, this could result in cheaper life insurance. Insurance companies see vague answers to application questions like a big red flag. So prepare yourself to answer the following:
- Has your health improved since the heart attack?
- Are you on any medication for your condition?
- What were some of the things that may have caused your heart attack?
- Have you had any procedures done since the heart attack?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- How long ago was your heart attack?
WHAT WILL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES RATE ME AFTER A HEART ATTACK
Many clients ask what if I had a heart attack, what will the insurance company rate me? Ideally, you should apply for life insurance a few years after a heart attack. If you apply immediately after a heart attack, it will be far more difficult to get accepted by a life insurance company. By waiting a few years, you can show that your health has improved, and you can show that your condition has become stable.
Life Insurance After A Heart Attack
Here’s the list of ratings given by life insurance companies:
- Preferred Plus
The best possible rating that someone who has had a heart attack is standard. If you have a heart attack, it is almost impossible for the insurance company to offer preferred rates.
Life insurance after a heart attack will be more favorable at a standard or substandard rate. Declines occur to people who apply within two years after a heart attack. Furthermore, if your health is not stable, the insurance company will not rate you in a favorable way. Also, having a heart attack combined with poor general health could result in a decline. Furthermore, if they determine that you’re at a high risk of having more heart attacks in the future.
LIFE INSURANCE FOR HEART ATTACK VICTIMS
There are a lot of things you can do before applying for life insurance to improve the likelihood of approval. Doing this you improve your chances of getting more affordable rates. Here are some things that we recommend:
- Improve Your General Health — This is particularly important for those that have suffered a heart attack. You need to prove to the life insurance companies that you’ve turned over a new leaf. You can by eating healthier, exercising, lose weight and doing anything else that will improve your health. As we’ve already mentioned above, after a heart attack, you should spend a few years stabilizing your condition before applying.
- Quit Your Bad Habits —Cigarette smokers can expect to pay 2 to 3 times more for life insurance than nonsmokers. Quitting tobacco use a year before applying may cut your rates in half. If you’ve had a heart attack AND you’re a smoker, life insurance companies will be very hesitant to insure you.
DOES LIFE INSURANCE COVER HEART ATTACKS ~ FIND OUT HOW YOUR AGENT CAN HELP YOU!!!
- Compare companies — Each life insurance company has different medical underwriting. This means that your perceived level of risk will vary between companies. For this reason, it’s important to get several quotes so that you can find the best offer.
- Hire An Independent Insurance Agent — They can connect you with the top life insurance companies. They’ll have an idea of which companies have more lenient underwriting for those who have had a heart attack. Which will increase your chances of getting affordable coverage.
LIFE INSURANCE AFTER STENT
What is a stent? And What You Need To Know!!!
Heart Stent: are mesh tubes placed to increase blood flow and decrease your chance of heart attacks, blood clots or even strokes.
Many clients feel that they will automatically be declined if they have a heart stent. This is simply not the case. You can still get approved with affordable life insurance. Carriers usually want you to wait about 6 months after your stent procedure. This allows Dr’s to make sure your recovery is going well and no other medical issues arise. By waiting the 6 months also will save you money when applying for life insurance at this point.
**Allow your independent agent to guide you in the process and shop you multiple top-rated carriers. They are seasoned and will know which carriers are best for you.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS DONE BY THE INSURANCE CARRIER
As the temptation is going to be to employ immediately following having a heart attack, perhaps one of the very crucial pieces of information we can provide you would be to wait patiently till you’re fully or retrieved from the Heart attack. Three to 6 months could be the overall guideline.
After reviewing your applications, insurance companies will examine the following:
- Age: That is within reason, obviously–getting life-insurance coverage at 70 is hard despite a critical medical issue, though some carriers do offer competitive rates to heart attack sufferers inside their 70s.
- Severity: Insurers do not differ much depending on the sort of operation you’d. As an alternative, they wish to learn how intense your coronary strike has been. Blockage of a couple of vessels causes you to be more insurable than people individuals who have suffered a severe heart attack which damaged four arteries/vessels.
- Compounding Medical Issues: When you’ve experienced a heart attack and will also be a diabetic, then it’s a whole lot harder and costly to secure a policy that if one’s coronary attack was the sole noteworthy wellness issue.
TREATMENT FOR HEART ATTACK CAN AFFECT YOUR RATE
Many people have that difficult question how long can you live after a heart attack? That truly depends on you and the lifestyle and diet changes you make. To get life insurance is so incredibly important and with the guidance of your agent, he/she will help you narrow down the best carrier at the best rates.
Follow up Care: Insurers examine your medical records so that they understand your physician’s orders. If you’re follow up guidelines are straightforward and uninvolved, carriers believe this to signify you’re not as a probability. Additionally, they will examine any echocardiograms and stress tests you’ve got together with your physician to make certain that you’re without any blockages.
Medication: Ideally, you would like to be away from blood-thinners within a few weeks of experiencing or suffering any coronary episode. If you may recover with minimal use of blood thinners, then better still, as stopping the usage of a blood thinner after an elongated period often leads insurers to be concerned about blood clots.
If your illness requires one to directly take a blood thinner to the rest of one’s lifetime, you may nevertheless be approved, however, your levels are going to be 20 percent higher as a result of increased risks related to long-term blood thinner usage.
No Medical Exam Life Insurance After A Heart Attack ~ Have Been Declined, Here is What You Need to Know
If you do these things and you STILL declined coverage, you’re not out of options. You can still get a no medical exam life insurance policy. These policies may be more expensive. But you will have guaranteed coverage.
ABOUT ME ~ MY STORY AND MY PASSION IN THE ART OF LIFE INSURANCE
I am Danny Ray. Owner/Independent Agent of PinnacleQuote Life Insurance Specialists. We are based out of Jacksonville, Florida. The sunshine state! However, we are licensed in 49 states. We shop you to Multiple carriers at once to compare rates and find the best carrier, price for YOU!
I know first hand about heart health as heart attacks run in my family along with Coronary Artery Disease. I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation at age 38 myself. In fact, in 2016 I received a cardiac ablation. I am in great health today. And shortly after my ablation, I was able to provide my own family with a purchase of life insurance. The same products I offer you and your family.
So, I am extremely knowledgeable about any and all Heart Health-related impairments. There is no “one size fits all” in the art of life insurance. Every Carrier is going to look at you and your health impairments differently.
My job and passion is to make sure you are NOT OVERPAYING for your life insurance. In addition, my job is to make sure your family is properly protected in the event of your absence.
I specialize in all health impairments, term life, whole life, GUL’s, final expense and MORE…
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at PinnacleQuote (855)380-3300.
Here are some great references to heart attack history.
Danny Ray Founder/Independent Agent