Quick Tip: If you’re looking for life insurance with banner life, fill out the form on the left and the rates will be revealed within seconds.
What is the cheapest and best life insurance company? Banner Life Insurance company, other wise known as Legal General America and William Penn of NY is part of the worldwide multinational financial service company.
Their business consists of life insurance, general insurance, pensions and global investments.
This article will be our 2019 review. Let it be known, Banner life is one of our go to carriers and are among the top rates and products in the industry.
Quick Article Navigation
- Is Banner a Good Life Insurance Company
- Banner Life History
- Facts/timeline of Banner Life’s Story:
- BANNER LIFE’S insurance reviews and RATINGS
- WHAT MAKES BANNER LIFE AN EXCELLENT INSURANCE COMPANY
- BANNER TERM LIFE INSURANCE VS WHOLE LIFE INSURANCE
- WILLIAM PENN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF NEW YORK
- PEACE OF MIND WITH BANNER LIFE
- Does Banner Life Insurance Offer Riders
- BANNER LIFE INSURANCE RATES
- WHAT IS OpTERM LIFE
- OpTERM 10
- BANNER LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCTS
- WHAT ARE SOME MORE REASONS TO CHOOSE BANNER LIFE
- How to possibly buy term insurance online
- WHAT DOES BANNER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OFFER THEIR CLIENTS
- BANNER LIFE UNDERWRITING CLASSIFICATIONS
- BANNER LIFE TERMS AND RATING CLASSES
- BANNER LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY APPLICATION
- IN WHAT WAYS COULD BANNER LIFE BE IMPROVED
- BANNER LIFE INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Banner life insurance medical exam
- BANNER LIFE INSURANCE BBB
- DANNY RAY OWNER/INDEPENDENT AGENT
Certainly, it depends on what you’re looking for. Banner life offers some of the most affordable term life insurance in the industry.
Additionally, they are very competitive in rates for guaranteed universal life insurance policies.
Further, life insurance for smokers would love Banner Life’s rates as they are the best in the industry.
However, overall they are always in the mix when shopping for the best rates.
Banner Life Insurance ~ Protect your Family’s Future
Above all, before deciding on a life insurance company, it’s recommended that you shop around. Each company is different, and the more you search, the better chance you’ll have of finding the ideal fit for you
Banner Life ~ one of Legal General America companies. In fact, was founded by 6 attorneys discussing life insurance in 1836 in a London coffee house.
The company still has headquarters in London, operations in North America as well as Asia.This company is the 9th largest life insurance company in the world.
They also have many subsidiaries within their worldwide Legal General Group.
Banner Life and Legal and General America is financially stable and strong. Over 1.3 million U.S. customers. As far as annuities, they have issued over $717 million in 2017 to over 21,000 annuitants.
As far as annuities, they have issued over $717 million in 2017 to over 21,000 annuitants.
The company has issued over $53 billion in new coverage in 2017 alone. With $703 billion of coverage in force, $5 billion in assets.
Their financial strength has them still going strong. That is pretty impressive. Clearly, a company that is not going anywhere!
- 1949: Government Employees Life Insurance Company (GELICO) ~ soon after became Banner Life Insurance Company
- 1963: Modern Life Insurance Company was founded. However the name was changed to William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York in 1975
- 1981: GELICO was a Wholly owned subsidiary by Legal & General Group Plc. And in 1983 that name was changed to Banner.
- 1989: William Penn was purchased as a Wholly owned subsidiary of Banner Life.
- 2011: The consolidation of a single brand, Legal and General America.
- A+ (Superior) ~ as per A.M. Best
- AA- (Very Strong) ~ as per S&P
- AA- (Very Strong) ~ as per Fitch
- 94 COMDEX score ~ a score compiled of all the ratings above that a company receives.
Banner Life Insurance Rating Am Best: A+
For more information on Legal General America Financials, click here.
For more information or a detailed Banner Life Insurance review, give us a call.
First off, Banner Life provides several payment options for their life insurance, as well as flexible terms.
If you’d like to know how much life insurance is, price varies, of course, which is why shopping around a bit before deciding on an insurance company.
Banner Life also accepts people up to 70 years old. To point out, much more age-lenient than general life insurance companies.
Moreover, Banner Life’s universal policies are unusually customizable.
Banner Life has permanent life plans, and term life plans of choice. Both term and permanent policies are guaranteed.
Term life insurance like we have discussed is for a specific amount of time at a level premium. Once that term is exhausted, coverage ends.
In contrast, whole life insurance is different. Also known as Permanent life insurance too. Whole life is for your entire life.
However, it is a bit more expensive than term life.
At PinnacleQuote, we recommend whole life polices more for seniors. In fact a simplifed issue whole life policy.
Including clients looking for final expense and burial insurance. Regardless, do not hesitate to call us regarding these two types of options.
First thing to remember, we will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
WILLIAM PENN LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF NEW YORK
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
If you are looking for life insurance coverage and you live in New York, Please Read!
Although Banner is licensed to do business in 49 states, the company does not do business in NY.
However, they offer subsidiary companies (as we spoke about above) such as William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York. In fact, William Penn does business exclusively in NY.
And still in 2018 Legal General America (Legal General Group, plc). William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York Valley Stream NY is were they are located.
Keep in mind life insurance is not “one size fits all.” Life insurance varies from person to person due to health and lifestyle. A life insurance product varies from state to state.
Nonetheless, your seasoned independent agent is experienced and will help guide you.
INSURANCE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- Flexible Payment Schedule ~ Annual, Semi -annually, quarterly, and monthly options
- *Term Riders ~ this provides temporary coverage for a shorter period. This is in addition to your base policy.
- It does not replace it. Example of how a Term Rider works:
**You start with a 30- year base plan at a level premium. Add a 20- year rider to cover your home/mortgage payoff.
Then a 10- year rider for education protection. Ask your independent agent! They are always happy to answer any and all questions!
Banner Life Insurance ~ Statistics
This is a great addition to your term policy. Something to consider when speaking to your agent!
- Children’s Rider ~ Death Benefit Protection For Families With One Or More Children. All You Need Is One Rider. This Covers All Children In Your Family.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider ~ If You Become Terminally Ill, The Accelerated Benefit Is A Lien. This Accrues Interest. If You Die, The Benefits Payable Are Reduced By Total Benefit Lien.
- Waiver Of Premium ~ The Carrier Will Waive Premiums In The Event You Suffer A Serious Long Term Illness/Injury. If You Become Totally Disabled. Your Family Will Remain Protected.
- Policy Conversion ~ Notably, you May Change Your Term Policy To A Permanent Policy. What Is Fantastic About This Is. Underwriting Class Will Remain Same As Your Term. If You Have Some Changes In Health, You Will Be Exempt From A Change In Class.
Ask your agent if there are any Banner Life Insurance exclusions you have questions about.
Your rates will depend on a few factors:
- Family history
In Detail, Banner Life Insurance Quotes below. We are comparing rates with men and women ranging from 40-60 years of age:
As we can see above, rates for women are generally less expensive as women live longer than men. Life insurance companies base this on the mortality rate, men vs women.
We also can see above as you age, instantly your rates get more expensive. This is why we recommend you get life insurance TODAY. It won’t be any cheaper than it is RIGHT NOW!
WHAT IS OpTERM LIFE
Banner Life offers OpTerm life policies. They are renewable and convertible. This is a term life insurance that will provide you a level death benefit.
OpTerm 10 example:
A term life insurance that will offer you a ten year period of level premiums. Your premium will increase each year from the 11th year and on.
In addition, Legal & General America will offer OpTerm 10,15, 20, 25 and also 30!
Banner life offers a few options for you and your family.
- Whole Life
- Universal Life
Life insurance policies can be pretty hard to get for those diagnosed with potentially fatal illnesses. Banner Life sets themselves apart by offering MediGuide with any of their insurance plans.
Consequently, they are the only insurance company to do this.
MediGuide, among other things, can help you get second opinions from doctors, and receive the best possible medical treatment.
Above all, for all of the reasons mentioned so far, Banner Life is considered one of the best life insurance companies.
To conclude, life insurance for cancer patients need to know that Banner is one of the best carrier post cancer treatment.
How to possibly buy term insurance online
Your head must be spinning by now!
You have probably called more than one insurance agent to inquire about online life insurance. To get life insurance quotes. Asking general questions about the different types of life insurance.
Purchasing life insurance should not and is not complicated to do.
In the long run any little work you put into buying online or with your local agent will be well worth it in the end. Given that, as a rule of thumb stay clear of your local auto/home insurance offering bundles.
They are awesome for auto and home however, buying term life insurance from them or to buy life insurance in general will cost you more in the end.
You will mostly see ads for Haven Life Insurance, StateFarm or even AARP. Please give us a call and ask us. Our goal is not to sell you anything.
In fact, our goal is to give you the information you need. At that point, you decide what you want to.
In general, Banner Life is well-known for their low term life insurance prices. On top of this, Banner Life has lenient underwriting, compared to other life insurance companies.
Also, this means that people that may have difficulty getting, say, life insurance with diabetes, may still be able to qualify for Banner Life Insurance.
Furthermore, Banner Life offers essential coverage — death benefit protection, with no accumulating interest. Keep in mind that there are several types of insurance policies of choice.
However, this is what allows them to provide reasonable policies and a right amount of death benefit without paying through the roof for premiums.
Every company will look at each person differently. No one person is the same. Your medical history plays a huge part of your insurability.
As well as how much your premiums will be. If you are a smoker is another big factor especially on your premiums.
Underwriters look at these factors:
- Family history
- If you are or were a tobacco user
- Height and weight
- Medical history
Their term life insurance offers plans for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years in length at a level premium.
Also, Banner Life values customer service and prides itself on providing cheap life insurance. With this in mind, take a look at an example of Banner Life’s underwriting below:
- Preferred Plus Non-Tobacco
- Preferred Non-Tobacco
- Standard Plus Non-Tobacco
- Standard Non Tobacco
- Preferred Tobacco
- Standard Tobacco
Life just got simpler! Life Insurance application questions can be done in the privacy of your own home, with a PinnacleQuote agent holding your hand throughout the entire process.
The application will be filled out with you online via phone and takes about 5 minutes. He will then shop you to multiple carriers at once, including Banner Life.
The fantastic thing is as of today Banner has the lowest term life insurance rates on the market! In particular, they recently had a rate increase.
So they are competitive when you get into table rated situations depending on your health status.
**Below, we’ll list a few things that could let you down about Banner Life:
- Medical Exam ~ All of their policies require taking a medical exam, which may make some with serious health conditions hesitate to apply. To emphasize on this, instead of being labeled high risk by the life insurance underwriters, these people might prefer going to a different life insurance company that offer policies without a medical exam.
- Low Rates ~ Banner Life has a limited amount of insurance options. Likewise, their low rates are only viable if they are relatively limited regarding what they do.
- Takes their time ~ Another key point, Banner Life takes a longer amount of time than average to get approved. Consequently, this may be off-putting for many since lots of people looking to get life insurance is looking to get it in a hurry. However, this is mostly because Banner Life offers lower prices, and therefore they must do a bit more scanning than other companies before accepting applicants.
As you can see, most of Banner Life’s negative qualities are a direct result of having cheaper prices. At the end of the day, which life insurance you choose depends on your circumstance, preference, and the rate you get offered.**
Banner Life and William Penn, although a part of Legal & General America they have different customer service phone numbers and security careers contact.
Have a question about your policy? Looking for the following?
- Banner Life Insurance forms
- Questions about Banner Life Insurance claims
Banner Life phone numbers and contact information below.
Banner Customer Service
- Call: 800-638-8428
- Fax: 301-294-6960
- Hours: 8:00-5:00 ET, Monday-Friday
William Penn Customer Service
- Call: 800-346-4773
- Fax: 516-229-3081
- Hours: 8:30-4:45 ET, Monday-Friday
If you are looking for Banner Life Insurance contact information:
Banner Life Insurance, 3275 Bennett Creek Ave., Frederick, MD 21704-7608. Banner Life insurance phone number: (301) 279-4800.
What is the process after I submit my life insurance application? Once submitted, you will set up a day and time convenient for you to have your medical exam.
After your exam, it takes quite a few days for the process to be completed and underwriting to review.
They may require more information or records from your physician.
We will keep you updated and if you have any questions, let us know!
Many clients have asked us through the years, how about banner life insurance company complaints? Although Banner Life is not a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited, the BBB has rated them A+!
And to date, there are 3 noted customer complaints that have been closed. In fact, zero complaints within the last 12 months!
Banner Life is one of our best life insurance company that we offer to clients.
We know your time is valuable. Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating dealing with automated phone lines. If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at PinnacleQuote: (855) 380-3300. This is our direct line. There will be times, we are helping other clients. Leave us a message, and we will call you right back!
DANNY RAY OWNER/INDEPENDENT AGENT
HARD FACTS OF REALITY!
Listen, I am not here to SELL you life insurance. I want you to understand the importance of WHY you need life insurance. Just look at your children and your family. That should be Why enough. But all too often, my clients still put it off.
Whether you are a single person or married with children. Each one of us NEEDS it. Here is the why…
In the event that you die ~ your paycheck dies with you. That leaves your family not only devastated, but also financially crippled. Let me explain:
When you are single ~ even though you may not have little ones tugging at your leg all day or when you get home from work. You still have a family. Your mom and dad are most likely in their golden years.
When you die ~ they will be burdened with your debt. Having life insurance ensures that your final expenses and burial is taken care of along with your debt. Besides “GO FUND ME” is NOT life insurance!
When you have a family ~ your wife/husband and children depend on you financially. When you die, your paycheck dies with you. How will your family survive financially. And for how long?
Danny Ray Founder/Independent Agent
I get it, no one likes to think about death. I do not blame you. We also do not want to envision us in a bad car accident or being diagnosed with a terminal illness. But we can not control it.
Think about it this way. For Example, not that long ago, Hurricane Michael devastated the Florida Panhandle.
Over 17 lives have been lost. Houses destroyed. Families destroyed. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT! Instantly, your life changes.